bbin体育This special pronunciation section will explain to you why English is hard to speak correctly and give you some help on improving your pronunciation. These are the main reasons why English is so hard. There is a lesson for each one.
Note that the pronunciation examples are in American English accent. In the last lesson you will find American and British English examples.
- Many sounds in English are not in your native language. For example, the 'th' sound and the 'r' sound are difficult for many speakers.
- Combinations of sounds can be hard to pronounce. These include 'consonant clusters'.
- bbin体育Syllable structure can vary a lot. In many languages the structure is a lot simpler, for example: Consonant Vowel Consonant Vowel …
- Words are not pronounced the way they are spelt.
- You must get the stress on the correct syllable in a word or it will not sound correct.
- Pitch and loudness change the meaning of sentences.
- Words change their pronunciation when in a sentence.
- American and British accents are different but both considered correct